Archive for the ‘Wedding Wire Bride’s Choice Winner 2011’ Category
The runway report is in and lace is the new look! Its intricate beauty has captivated queens and starlets since Queen Victoria, and today it
is making a classy comeback with modern cuts and details. If you are looking for something very romantic and soft, lace is a beautiful material for a timeless wedding. It is ultrafeminine, classic, and romantic. Interested in adding a one of a kind detail to your dress? Lace capelets have the look of old Hollywood glam and can be wornover a lace gown. This little added coverage over a strapless gown is a greatvintage or two-in-one look, especially if you are on a budget! Lace is atimeless material, and some go so far as to makelace the theme of their decor. Check out some of these lace accents!
Engagement season is about to be in full swing and lucky ladies everywhere will be showing off their shiny
new rock! This new life changing experience is only the start of what your
engagement has to offer. Here are a few things that are on the “TO DO’
list once he ‘puts a RING on it’!
1. Get a manicure! Your hand is about to be the main focus of hundreds of
photos and you don’t want to embarrass yourself with un kept nails. Zip into
your favorite salon and start soaking those fingers!
2. Set a Budget! Have a nice, sit down, chat at home, with whomever is
supporting your wedding- it could be you, your fiancé, his parents or yours.
A private family gathering is essential in the early stages so that everyone is
on the same path. The conversation may be awkward, but it needs to be addressed
before anything becomes planned.
3. Insure your ring! If your Love hasn’t done this already, make sure it is done immediately. The jeweler (where it was purchased) should have suggestions about certified insurers. Make sure you get an appraisal slip from your jewelerso the absolute replacement value can be determined.
4. Sign up for Sale Alerts! Your wedding dress is going to be a major purchase, but your accessories don’t need to be. Many
designers have major sales and throughout the year. Check out their sites and sign up.
5. Sign up for Pinterest! Pinterest is the motherland of inspiration! You will be on this site for hours & gather so
many ideas! Majority of the ideas have step by step directions on how to create
the masterpieces. You will want to save (or pin) all of your favorites, from
your dress, to the cake, to favors, and creative keepsakes.
6. Talk $$$ with your Fiancée! Money is always an uncomfortable topic, but it needs to be done, so put on your big girl pants and
do it! You both will need to know all the logistics of combining bank accounts. Make sure you also discuss with your parents about CDs, trusts, or other important documents that may need to change or not change once you become man
7. Sign up for Trunk Show Alerts! Follow your local bridal
boutique on Facebook or Twitter to get all the latest info about an upcoming
sale or trunk show. This will allow you to see your favorite designer’s newest
creations straight off the runway.
8. Chose a diet & STICK TO IT! If you plan to lose weight or tone up for your wedding and honeymoon, the worst thing you could do is crash diet at the last minute. If you want to lose more than 5 pounds, give yourself 9-12 months to do it. Pick a proven plan like Weight Watchers or JennyCraig. Ask your Fiancé to invest a few months of a personal trainer for just
you or as a couple. Make a pact to get into shape together with a personal workout plan. Working out with your Fiancé allows
you to support each other even more and get healthy at the same time! If your Fiancé can’t find time, ask one of your bridesmaids.
9. Pick a location! Whether it is selecting the city or the venue, the most
important decision needs to be determining the location of the wedding. This
may need to be something that you get everyone’s advice on; his family and
yours, as they will have an opinion.
10. Hire a planner! It doesn’t matter how organized you can be or how
creative you are, a planner will be your right hand person. As it gets closer
and closer to your day, a planner can help you with everything! From the moment you get engaged, to your
wedding day, they can also assist you with developing a timeline and assist you
with weekend coordination. A planner will have many connections to venues and
vendors for your day. This will allow you to save time and expense plus
allowing everyone to sit back and enjoy the day without missing a precious
We are absolutely humbled and thrilled to announce that we have been chosen among the nations best wedding professionals to receive a WeddingWire Bride’s Choice Award. Wedding Wire is an affiliate of Martha Stewart. The recognition for the Bride’s Choice Awards 2011 is determined by recent reviews and extensive surveys from over 750,000 WeddingWire newlyweds. Kim King Smith Events stands among the top five percent of wedding professionals in the WeddingWire community, representing quality and service excellence within the wedding industry. Awards were given to the top wedding professionals and were based on the overall professional achievements throughout the past year. Thank you to our beautiful brides, grooms and their families for giving us the opportunity to serve them. We contribute our successes to the partnerships formed to create a great team of vendors for all of our brides. Our work ethic and dedication to our clients adds tremendous value to our work and we take pride in everything that we do. We could not be more thrilled about this wonderful honor and cannot wait for 2011 to serve our princesses and create even more royal occasions.